The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is
the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri
Synod. for almost 75 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each
woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to
live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to
support global missions.
The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to
assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming
her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use
her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
Ladies Aid Meeting Notes
December 1, 2021 - St.
John Ladies Aid met on November 17, 2021, with Diane Kahle as
hostess. We sang hymn #577 “Almighty God, Your Word Is Cast” and
then Pastor Toensing led us in a Bible study on “The Sower” from
Mark 4 and a prayer.
- Roll call was taken with 8 members present.
- The minutes of the October 2021 meeting were read and
- The treasurer’s report was given.
- Carol Brinkmeyer handed out information on what will need to
done for our 100th anniversary celebration including the
different sub-committees and the duties of each. In January,
Ladies Aid members will sign up for the subcommittees they would
like to help with.
- A motion was made to celebrate the Ladies Aid 100th
Anniversary in 2023. Seconded and passed.
- The cookbook committee met and came up with some questions
that will need to be answered by the cookbook publisher.
- A motion was made for the Ladies Aid to decorate the
bulletin board in the Narthex for January 2022 and January 2023.
Seconded and passed. Diane Kahle and Ellie Koch will decorate
the bulletin board.
- A motion was made for the President (Diane Kahle), Treasurer
(Janice Reetz), Secretary (Deb Walker) and the Altar Committee
(Bonnie Bleich, Deanna Eggert & Linda Eggert) to continue their
jobs for another year. Seconded and passed.
- A motion was made to accept Dianne Kouba as the
Vice-President without an election. Seconded and passed. Dianne
will be installed at the December meeting.
- We thank Carol Brinkmeyer for her service as the
Vice-President the last several years.
- A motion was made to host a covered dish dinner after the
morning Advent worship service on December 15 for all attending
that morning service. Seconded and passed. We will hold a short
meeting after the dinner.
- A motion was made to buy Christmas presents for our shut-ins
and a few others: Albert Vosika, August Wendelin, Olga & Fred
Weidner, Del Reiss and Verna Schultz. Seconded and passed.
- A motion was made to give Christmas donations to the same
groups as we did in 2020. Seconded and passed.
- The hostess list was passed around.
Carol Brinkmeyer and Olga Weidner celebrated birthdays in
November. We sang the birthday song.
We closed the meeting with the Lord’s Prayer and the common Table
Prayer. - Deb Walker, Secretary